(There's no video for AntiGax 1.3 yet. Please contribute to MR and add a video now!)
How to use this program:
• Start your Mac with extensions off (holding down the shift key).
• Delete the 'Graphics Accelerator' file from your extensions folder (don't replace it by a folder of the same name).
• Click on some menus (in the Finder), to see if it comes back. If it does come back, then you will need to boot from your system CDs to run it, and then reinstall the system afterwards - before you reboot. (AntiGax only handles applications 'coz I haven't been able to infect my system or Finder)
• Make backups of any applications you don't trust AntiGax with (but as they could be infected don't run them!)
• Run AntiGax and tell it to repair all volumes.
• When it is done, quit. (if you have a CD or locked volume, it should skip over it but I haven't tested it)
• Delete the 'Graphics Accelerator' file from your extensions folder if it exists. It should only be there if you ran an infected app since you deleted the last one.
• Run a couple of apps. (Preferably those which used to be infected)
• If the 'Graphics Accelerator' file is still there, then you are still infected. Otherwise, you are probably clean.
antiGax-v1.3.sit (28.3 KiB / 28.98 KB)
AntiGax 1.3 / compressed w/ Stuffit
From Mac OS 7.0
Emulating this? It should run fine under: SheepShaver