Shared by: MR
On: 2015-08-09 21:08:09
On: 2020-04-05 14:48:59
(There's no video for UULite yet. Please contribute to MR and add a video now!)
If the task is to uudecode/uuencode files, UULite will save you time and aggravation.
Most other available Mac uudecoders/encoders go only half the distance. When decoding, they require you tediously to edit out headers and any other garbage which is not part of the encoded file. They force you to determine if the file is a gif, jpeg, or some other file type, and to set the Type and Creator yourself. They won't decode a source file containing multiple encoded files.
The author of UULite is a longtime Mac user and developer who, like many, has been frustrated by the lack of UNIX/Internet tools available to the Mac user. UULite is one of the first and best uuencoder/uudecoders available for the Macintosh.
- Multi-part file decoding with automatic header and footer removal - no editing required
- Source file may contain multiple output image files
- "Drag and drop" decoding of any number of files (System 7 required)
- File Merge and Decode for decoding images from multiple input files
- One-step uuencoding with file splitting to simplify Usenet posting
- Smart automatic file Type and Creator stamping - user configurable
- Manual file Type and Creator editing on any file
- UNIX <=> Mac text conversion
- No Frills uudecoding
- Direct and unambiguous feedback on progress
- Background processing: decode/encode in the background while you work on other things
- NewsWatcher compatibility
(201.29 KiB / 206.12 KB)
Version 2.0 UnRegistered / compressed w/ Stuffit
Emulating this? It should run fine under: Basilisk II
To date, Macintosh Repository served 1286237 old Mac files, totaling more than 247525.4GB!
Downloads last 24h = 749 : 193437.3MB
Last 5000 friend visitors from all around the world come from: