(There's no video for Final Cut Studio 1.0 yet. Please contribute to MR and add a video now!)
You know the benefits of keeping all your production under one roof. Why not keep all your production tools in one box? Final Cut Studio combines the industry-standard Final Cut Pro 5 — including powerful SD, DV and HD editing capability — with the real-time design engine of Motion 2 for stunning motion graphics, the flexible audio creation and control tools of Soundtrack Pro and the sophisticated SD and HD DVD authoring features of DVD Studio Pro 4.
Final_Cut_Studio_1-0_DVD_1.dmg (979.3 MiB / 1026.87 MB)
/ DMG image
SN.txt (454 Bytes)
From Mac OS 10.3
Before You Install Final Cut Studio
This document contains system requirements and things to do before you install the Final Cut Studio applications and content.
WARNING: The Final Cut Studio Installer performs a system requirements check before installing. If your system does not meet the minimum requirements listed below, Final Cut Studio is not installed.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
• A Macintosh computer with a PowerPC G4 (867 megahertz [MHz] or faster) or PowerPC G5 processor
• HD features require 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster single processor or dual processors (authoring HD DVDs requires a PowerPC G5 processor)
• 512 megabytes (MB) of random-access memory (RAM)
• HD features require 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM or more (2 GB recommended)
• Display with at least 1024 x 768 resolution
• AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) Quartz Extreme graphics card
• Motion requires the standard graphics card found in any Power Mac G5, any iMac G5, a 1.25 GHz or faster PowerBook G4, or a 1.25 GHz or faster flat-panel iMac. Any one of the following graphics cards is highly recommended:
• NVIDIA GeForce FX 6800 Ultra DDL or 6800 GT DDL (NV40)
• ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (RV M11), ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (R350), or 9800 XT (R360)
• DVD drive
• Replication of DVD Studio Pro 4-authored DVDs requires a DLT drive
Minimum Software Requirements
• Mac OS X v10.3.9 or Mac OS X v10.4 (or later)
• Mac OS X v10.4 (or later) required to use Core Image Units and 16- and 32-bit float rendering in Motion
• QuickTime 7 (or later)
• Playback of DVD Studio Pro 4-authored HD DVDs requires a PowerPC G5 processor, Mac OS X v10.4 (or later), and Apple DVD Player 4.6 (or later)
Available Disk Space
• 4 GB of disk space required to install all applications (Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Motion, Cinema Tools, LiveType, Compressor, and Apple Qmaster)
• Additional 41 GB required to install all optional templates, loops, content, and tutorials (may be installed on separate disk[s]):
• 8 GB for DVD Studio Pro content
• 8 GB for Motion templates, Motion Series LiveFonts, and tutorial media
• 8 GB for Soundtrack Pro content
• 12 GB for LiveType content
• 5 GB for Apple Pro Training Final Cut Studio Tutorials media
Before You Install
Make sure you do the following before you install the software:
• Turn off any virus protection and security software that you may have installed on your computer.
• Upgrade to Mac OS X v10.3.9 or Mac OS X v10.4 (or later) and QuickTime 7 (or later).
For installation instructions, see the Installing Your Software booklet.
Copyright _2005 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, DVD Studio Pro, Final Cut, Final Cut Pro, iMac, Mac, Macintosh, Mac OS, PowerBook, Power Mac, Soundtrack, Quartz, and QuickTime are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Cinema Tools and LiveType are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. PowerPC is a trademark of International Business Machines Corporation, used under license therefrom. UP01093
April 14, 2005
Emulating this? It should run fine under: QEMU