soundproof a Mac PPC 7xxx and G3

MemoriMacfr

soundproof a Mac PPC 7xxx and G3

Post by MemoriMacfr » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:26 pm

salut

pour mon premier post, je vous montre comment j'ai fait pour insonorisé mes Macintosh 7300 ,7500,7600 et Power Macintosh G3 Desktop 1997.

cette solution est arrivée à cose que mes disque dure on laché un après l’autre , donc j'ai cherchés des HD SCSI en 50 broche non rien trouver , je me suis retourner vers des HD en 68 broche ,beaucoup plus courent à trouver mais il son en SCSI 2 et je suis en SCSI 1 et pare la suite j'ai cherche des adaptateur 68 broche en 50 broche il y en à beaucoup sur ebay.

DSCN2259.JPG

DSCN2260.JPG

DSCN2261.JPG

Hi

For my first post, I show you how I made to soundproof my 7xxx mac and G3 desk.

this solution has arrived at cose that my hard drive is released one after the other, so I looked for HD SCSI in 50 pin find nothing, I turned to HD 68 pin, much more run to find but it is in SCSI 2 and I am in SCSI 1 and pare following I look for adapter 68 pin in 50 pin there is a lot on ebay.

je me suis aperçus qu'il sont extrêmement bruillant, vraiment insupportable après quelle-que minute.

donc je suis venue à insonoriser le tout

I realized that they are extremely noisy, really unbearable after what minute.

so I came to soundproof everything

en premier il faut trouver des rouleau d'insonorisation pour local l’épaisseur est de 5 millimetre (0.196850 inch ) il son en mousse de polyuréthane

first it is necessary to find roll of soundproofing for local the thickness is 5 milimeter (0.196850 inch) it is made of polyurethane foam

il faut garnir le boitier a l'intérieur celui qui est en plastique comme sur les photos.

DSCN2264.JPG

DSCN2265.JPG

puit il faut découper le support des disque dure comme sur la photo suivre le tracer en rouges.

DSCN2266.JPG

we must fill the case inside the one that is plastic as in the photos.

well it is necessary to cut the support of the hard disk as on the picture follow the plot in red.

et garnir comme sur les photo en plusieurs Morceau plus facile à mettre en place.

inconvénient est que ont ne peut plus avoir de 2 HD mais 1 HD
et je vous assure que le gans en décibel est de -30% ( le bruit d'un HD en IDE qui est fatigué )

and garnish as on the picture in several Piece easier to set up.

downside is that can no longer have 2 HD but 1 HD
and I assure you that the gans in decibel is -30% (the sound of an HD in IDE that is tired)

DSCN2254.JPG

DSCN2256.JPG

DSCN2257.JPG

DSCN2258.JPG

DSCN2263.JPG

et encore je suis désolé pour mon anglais imparfait

and again I'm sorry for my imperfect English

retrogamac

Re: soundproof a Mac PPC 7xxx and G3

Post by retrogamac » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:06 pm

This is amazing...

what type of HD did you use?

from what I see I would guess IBM, and these were not the quietest.

But what to worry about more is this:
Early glass platters. Where the magnetic coating can deattach for various reasons.
About 10 years ago I lost all drives in my computer, when I turned it on while it was still cold in the house when I came back from a journey.
The next day I turned the computer on, all drives were dead.
After this I understood why these drives have been colloquially named Deathstars...

From the results of what I checked out today, I would recommend you to try a Fujitsu HDD.

MemoriMacfr

Re: soundproof a Mac PPC 7xxx and G3

Post by MemoriMacfr » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:23 am

I chose these IBM because it comes back to me 25 € the disc.
this sound of server disk, and it is coughing that the servers are not silent.

the model is: DNES 309170