iMovie HD 6.5.1; the latest version of iMovie to have the timeline before iMovie '08 changed it all in 2007. With this version, iMovie HD got some spiffy new updates...
- iMovie Themes are introduced, similar to iDVD's Themes utilizing professionally-designed visual templates that you can drag and drop your footage into for an exciting look to your video. (Themes are not included in this download; you will need an iLife '06 installer to obtain them.)
- New Quartz Composer video effects made possible by Apple's Quartz Extreme graphics system, along with real-time video effect previews viewable right in the main viewing window.
- An updated titler tool that allows you to preview your titles in real-time and full view.
- New audio effects including Graphic EQ, Reverb, Delay, Pitch Changer, Highpass, Lowpass, Bandpass and Noise Reducer.
- The ability to have more than one iMovie project open at the same time, with easy sharing of video files between projects.
- The ability to share your vlogs via iWeb as "Video Podcasts," to compliment the then-new iWeb application in the iLife suite and GarageBand adding dedicated podcasting tools.
Also unique to the old iMovie compared to versions of the software prior to 2007...
- A classic timeline editing interface. While iMovie 10 went back to strictly featuring a layout akin to a classic horizontal timeline, this was the final version of iMovie to use the all-too-familiar timeline interface used since the very first iMovie version in 1999.
- Unique sound effects taken from Skywalker Sound's library.
- Some unique title animation templates.
- Easily customizable video transitions (13 of them.)
- Flashy customizable video effects that are not in recent versions of iMovie such as Earthquake, Electricity, Fairy Dust, Flash, Fog, Ghost Trails, Lens Flare, Letterbox, Mirror, Rain and Sharpen. (Several of these effects were migrated to Final Cut Pro X and Motion, with a few of them renamed. iMovie '09 and iMovie 10 also brought back a few of these effects, such as Aged Film, Black and White, Fast/Slow/Reverse, Soft Focus and several of the Quartz Composer effects, with a few renamed.)
- Exporting video back to a DV tape, or exporting only part of a project.
- Chapter marker creation for iDVD projects (while iMovie '09 and '11 had this feature, it was permanently removed in iMovie 10; Final Cut Pro X retains this feature.)
- Third-party plugin support.
- Support for PowerPC G4 and G5 computers. iMovie HD 6 is especially ideal for running on G4 Macs (with at least an 867 MHz processor, 1 GHz or greater is required for HDV.)
(27.28 MiB / 28.61 MB)
From Mac OS 10.3
up to Mac OS 10.14
Compatible with all modern versions of OS X up-to Mojave. Operating System post Mojave will no longer support 32 bit application such as this.
Emulating this? It should run fine under: QEMU