iLife gets some spiffy updates for 2006:
- iPhoto 6 features a slightly redesigned interface, the ability to store up to 250,000 photos in a library, Photocasting, full-screen editing features, and the ability to create photo books, calendars, greeting cards and more with the pictures in your iPhoto library.
- iMovie HD 6 introduces Theme templates to stylize your movie, new Quartz Compositer video effects (requires a Quartz Extreme-compatible graphics card), audio effects (such as a graphic equalizer, a noise reduction filter and a reverb effect), real-time full-screen title and effect previews, having more than one project open at once, and creating video podcasts and blogs. This was the final version of iMovie to use the classic timeline interface before being completely rewritten the following year.
- GarageBand 3 introduces a new Podcasting tool that lets you easily create podcasts you can distribute online, a nifty collection of musical jingles and sound effects to go with that (which can also be used in iMovie HD), record iChat interviews, and a video scoring feature for performing elaborate multi-track audio editing, scoring and sound design on your iMovie creations.
- iDVD 6 introduces the Magic iDVD feature that automatically creates a disc for you out of your media with the theme of your choice, the ability to create 16:9 widescreen DVDs, addition new themes (widescreen-compatible), a refined DVD map editing layout, and the ability to burn to third party (including external) DVD drives (prior versions specifically required an internal SuperDrive.)
- iWeb, a new application for iLife, lets you easily design and publish websites and blogs to your .Mac/MobileMe account with one click, featuring Apple-designed templates, a drag-and-drop approach to doing so, and iLife integration that lets you incorporate your iPhoto library, iMovie video creators, and GarageBand compositions and podcasts.
- PowerPC G4 , G5 or Intel processor (at least a 733 MHz G4 is required for iDVD, a 1 GHz G4 or greater is required for HD video).
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB or greater recommended and is required for HD video).
- iTunes 6.0.2 and QuickTime 7.0.4. (included on the install disc).
- 10 GB of available disk space.
- DVD burner for authoring DVDs.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or 10.4.4 required (10.4.4 is required for iPhoto Photocasts, iMovie HD themes and GarageBand iChat recording).
From Mac OS 10.3
up to Mac OS 10.7
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or 10.4.4 required (10.4.4 is required for iPhoto Photocasts, iMovie HD themes and GarageBand iChat recording).
Emulating this? It should run fine under: QEMU